We will achieve this by developing the PE and sport activities we offer at Sacriston Academy. The use of the Sports Premium this year will build on our capacity and capability within the school to ensure that the improvements made now will benefit pupils joining the school in future years.
The use of the Primary PE and Sports Premium is to enable pupils to be provided with the skills and knowledge of how to have a healthy and active lifestyle. This will be achieved by pupils having more opportunities in a range of sports in and out of school as a result motivating the children to embrace a physically active lifestyle.
We endeavour to see an improvement against the following 5 key indicators:
- The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity - the Chief Medical Officer guidelines recommend that all children and young people aged 5 to 18 engage in at least 60 minutes of physical activity a day, of which 30 minutes should be in school.
- The profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement
- Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- Broader experience of a range of sport and activities offered to all pupils
- Increased participation in competitive sport
88% of Year 6 pupils able to swim 25 metres unaided.
Download the plan below to show how the premium is being allocated in our school.